MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usergroup permissions according to rank?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to have the rank system automatically move a member to a new usergroup as they move up in rank by postcount?

I would like all new members under the 'registered' group to have a certain set of posting permissions but when they hit say, 50 posts, they move to the next 'level' of allowed participation. and it goes up and up and up from there.

One of my forums has allot of members joining for the freebies and they never post an intro or ANYTHING.
Granted people are busy but you see them log in daily and they say nothing.

We work hard finding stuff for them and they are now considered trolls or lurkers.

You send a mass email saying please post an intro and they reply back complaining you're being too rude on a freebie site! morons.

I have the post please mod installed too, simply make 3 posts to make that go away! They can't even do that.
This will be possible in MyBB 1.4. I believe there's a code modifications somewhere on this board that will allow you to do this but I can't find it atm.
DennisTT Wrote:This will be possible in MyBB 1.4. I believe there's a code modifications somewhere on this board that will allow you to do this but I can't find it atm.

Yah I thought there was a mod somewhere too but couldn't find it.
I'll probably wait then till it comes out unless we get a rash of members.