MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few comments!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just want to say MyBB is an awesome forum software.

But a few questions and comments.

1. When do you think MyBB 1.4 will be released or more information posted about its release?

2. I think support needs improving as twice I have gotten help from a normal member and not staff.

Other than that.

Keep up the good work Cool
1. Nobody knows when more information or updates will be posted about MyBB 1.4 at this stage. We are still testing it to ensure that we deliver a quality product.

2. We encourage members to support (when they can) as well as staff members. Not only does it mean that staff members have more time for perhaps an area where they are more experienced, but it means that we have more candidates for possible future support positions. ;]
Staff members do not need to post the exact same help as a member, it is pointless. Is there any disadvantage of getting support from a regular member?
Nope but I thought it might show the staff care about its clients more if they personally reply.

Just thought you might need a few more support or at least make LeX- part of the support team Big Grin
Luke Beale Wrote:Nope but I thought it might show the staff care about its clients more if they personally reply.

Then you thought wrong - 1) Your not a client. "clients" are people whom pay for services 2) everybody here can equally help out, staff or not.
Tikitiki Wrote:
Luke Beale Wrote:Nope but I thought it might show the staff care about its clients more if they personally reply.

Then you thought wrong - 1) Your not a client. "clients" are people whom pay for services 2) everybody here can equally help out, staff or not.

Basically what helps make it a community. Everyone helps out where they can. As long as you get your issues fixed/resolved that is all that should matter.

They currently have a small team here with ALOT on their plates currently and thus they cant be everywhere all the time on this board BUT i am pretty sure if and when they DO have the time etc they WILL reply to support topics etc. Smile

I personally read through all support requests, if not within a day, then within a week, and I'm sure the other staff do too. If someone else replies before me, good on them. If they posted a response that I would have posted, that's a win-win-win situation for all of us. 1) For the poster, they have the satisfaction of helping someone.
2) For you, because you get your question answered sooner.
3) For me, because I can move on to other open issues.

If a staff doesn't reply, please don't take it that we don't "care" about your issue. We either feel that somebody else has adequately responded to your issue, or we ourselves do not have enough knowledge to answer the question (perhaps you have an issue with a specific setup you have on your host), or your question is too vague or confusing to understand (in this case usually we'll respond asking you to clarify).

After 24 hours, you are free to "bump" your thread if you still feel you need a better response. At this time, it is a good idea to add a bit more detail to your problem description, maybe a screenshot or example link.

Cheers Smile
Luke Beale Wrote:2. I think support needs improving as twice I have gotten help from a normal member and not staff.
Just for reference, the support here is actually very nice.
I frequent some other, bigger, boards, where, if the person requesting support has shown little effort or disrespect (ie not read stickies, or using topic subjects like "HELLLPPPP!!!"), threads are very quickly locked, and repeat offenders banned.
Oh, and that's the only thing the staff really do there (lock threads) - typically, they only respond to 5 support threads in like 2 months (most of which, is rubbish). Toungue

Perhaps paid support (and maybe some smaller communities) may seem to offer better support, but considering the circumstances here, support is pretty amazing.
I like it how random members help people (it is what a community is all about) and i enjoy helping people when i can. Think of it this way, every second the staff spend helping people they could be spending finishing 1.4 Smile