MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registering before viewing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there an option or a hack around to make visitors to my forum register before they can see any forums. I'm looking for something similar to this forum where they tell the user they have to login before they can see the forums.
Is this possible on Mybb.

Also,
what file do I edit to change the text when a user clicks on register - as I want to be able to the user not to use any names etc.

Any help on either subject would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi,

For the first one, please do the following:

Admin CP > Users and Groups > Users and Groups > beside "Unregistered / Not Logged In" Click "Go" > scroll down and find the section "Permissions: Viewing" in that section change each setting to "No" and then "Update Usergroup". That will make guests unable to access your forum until they register/login.

They will receive a no permission error similar to the one you provided in your post.
Thank you very, very much.

Exactly what I wanted.

I realised I posted in the wrong section with regards to the questions so I'm sorry about that - just a little hastey to get my question down.