MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which Themes do work with the current version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just tried to install some times and got both times:

"The theme file is not for the current version of myBB you are running (1.2.12). If you still wish to install it, please change 'Ignore Version Compatibility' to yes."

I tried nevertheless to install it and which surprise it didn't work! The themes were BlackGold and Blues. Blues I tested only by uploading the xml file but with blackgold I went through the whole mambojambo and it didn't work. Anybody here having a list which themes work with the current version? Thanks, SY
I think it would REALLY help if ALL themes were marked on the download pages for which version of mybb they work with. This is one area of mybb that is in dire need of a overhaul. Hopefully that gets done when 1.4 is released.

Till then i would atleast throw up a sticky in this forum about the fix for the older themes that dont work with the current version of mybb. I would also list those themes.
So there is at the moment no other method then "try and error"? *Sigh* SY
hospitalera Wrote:So there is at the moment no other method then "try and error"? *Sigh* SY

Oh no. There is a few that do work without having to fix it. But even the ones that do need to be fixed the fix itself isnt all that hard to do from what i understand. A matter of uploading a file i do believe. The thread is stuck over in the support forum.

Best bet to find updated/working themes that dont need the file/edit would be to search thru this forum vs the download section. Most will either have been made after 1.2.12 was released or you will see where they were updated to work with this current version.