MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] Paypal IPN Subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well this is my next BIG release. It's a Paypal IPN subscription plugin. This will allow for you to have an automatted process for paid subscribers to your forums.

Plugin Name: MYIPN Subscriptions
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.0 Beta
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.2x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 6
Plugin Description: This adds paypal ipn subscription service for your members. They can be placed in a usergroup of your choosing in admincp.

You can read more about it here:
Download Link
Your subscription fee is very fair, and I have a question about it. I understand the Paypal IPN plugin has a commercial license, so how would I legally sell a developed forum which is using it?

Thanks
Yeah..I need to reword the license to include that provision. It's not a problem for me if a site is sold with my mods in it. Technically the license isn't commercial but at the same time I am no longer going to GNU/GPL my plugins. I will have to use something like the EULA that MYBB has.

What you get for the subscription is site access to everything at mybb central. What I need to restrict is distribution.
Nice plugin
thanks for building this. i had once again started up on my own plug-in but i can never seem to find the time to finish it.

i hope that you consider multiple subscription options in the future.I'd love to offer multiple levels of subscriptions to my users, but right now even one is great!
nice plugin dude you are the best
Yes next version will have more controls especially multiple subscription options and trial version times too. I have 1.4 and I am in the process of porting over my themes and then my plugins. The paypal one will be one of the first completed and then I will be upgrading it with new features regularly.
Heh, would be an awesome plugin, if you didnt have to pay for it Grrr
fyi- Future versions will have multiple subscription settings. You will be able to create different types...like Gold Membership, Platinum, or Silver as an example.
(2008-06-12, 01:09 PM)Sgt. D. Pilla Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, would be an awesome plugin, if you didnt have to pay for it Grrr

Of course, you should be the only one allowed to make money off it, right? Toungue
Pages: 1 2