MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB wierd bad words.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
KuJoe Wrote:Again, .htaccess will also prevent hackers from accessing the Admin CP even if they figure out an admin's password (assuming both passwords are different of course).

I've not had a problem with being hacked as of yet, but would like to know how to do this as an extra layer of security.

I wanted to find out how, which is why I asked and also the fact I put a lot of work into my forum which would severely tick me off if a lam0r decided to hack me just to be a dipstick.

I already perform weekly directory and database backups but having an extra layer of security would be nice as well.

I'm kind of a n00b at administering a website, so ideas on how to protect my Mybb install would be nice as well as my other directories/databases.
If you are using cPanel the easiest way is to follow the steps here. If not, then you'll have to manually create a .htpasswd and .htaccess file. I only use cPanel so I don't even know the manual way to do it. Sad
I am using Cpanel, do I only password protect the admin directory of the forum or the entire folder/directory of the forum?

I just tried password protecting the entire forum directory, but after doing that I got logged out of my forum and couldn't log back in (Cookie issue with password protected directory?) so I had to delete/disable the password and decided to ask here once again.
Just the admin directory. If you do the forum directory your members will have to have to login twice also.
Pages: 1 2