MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cut a thread into 2 or more pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

in my forum a thread went offtopic. It has 20 articles/postings.

Can I "cut off" posting #15-20, create a new thread and move it into a different existing forum? (and leave articles #1-4 untouched)

I know how to move a thread into a different forum, but this time I'd like to move just a part of it.

thank you,
masa
Select those posts you want to move and select in your Inline Moderation box 'Split Posts'
Then you can create a new thread in a different forum.
Hi,

Yes, this it is possible. To do it, follow the steps below:

1: On the top right-hand side of each post, there will be a checkbox (beside Post: # |) [Image: attachment.php?aid=9253] If you tick each post, e.g: 15,16,17,18,19,20 and then scroll to the bottom of the thread, there will be a drop-down box beside "Inline Post Moderation:", if you pull that down and click "Split Posts" and then click "Go".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9254]

2: It will then present you with an option screen, which will allow you to name the new thread with the posts in it and the forum you want to place it in. Once done there, click "Split Thread" and you should be brought to the new thread with the selected posts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9255]

Chris
I was afraid of "testing" the split option :-) *g*