MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Effective way to ban countries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm looking for an effective way to ban a handful of "high risk" countries from accessing my site. I've found the sites like www.blockacountry.com but the problem with this is that the IPs a country uses changes daily from what I've read so far, so .htaccess isn't exactly the best route. Is there a script I can run somehow to perform this check and allow/disallow for me? Thanks.
Why would you want to ban visitors from your site?
Because they are trying to use my services for illegal uses and filling up my accounts so legitamate users cannot register. They are also wasting a lot of my time.
KuJoe Wrote:Because they are trying to use my services for illegal uses and filling up my accounts so legitamate users cannot register. They are also wasting a lot of my time.

oh, OK. Well you do that then, I have no idea how to help
Dont you have a ban system on your site?
Yes I do, but I'm looking to ban whole countries IP lists but since IP allocation updates daily I need a system that continually updates (making manual IP banning a problem).
U need a list of countries?
I need a script or plugin that denies and updates the IPs allocated for the countries daily.
I dont think the ips from a country update daily u must have read wrong
If that were true that website wont be there at all because it wouldnt ban countries at all if they were to change every day
Thanks for your help. Is anybody can help please let me know.
Pages: 1 2