MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Preventing special characters and other tweeks I need help with
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok two issues if anyone can help tell me where to edit a template or file or where it might be in the admin panel I'd be grateful.

First, how can I prevent new users from using special characters in a username? I'm getting spammers putting whole web addy's as usernames and making the www have a comma instead of a period after it thinking they're clever and we won't catch it.

I can't seem to find a setting for this in the control panel in the admin side.

Second, what template can I edit for the user agreement? The one they see upon new registration?
Somehow they seem not to notice this and they seem to not notice I insist they read the rules so I figure that editing the agreement that comes stock with mybb will just give me more ammo when they feign ignorance.
If I make some big bold letters I can then directly quote when they argue their point.

Yes, they argue! Don't know why and what makes them think they'll be exempt but they do try!
Goggalor Wrote:Second, what template can I edit for the user agreement? The one they see upon new registration?
Somehow they seem not to notice this and they seem to not notice I insist they read the rules so I figure that editing the agreement that comes stock with mybb will just give me more ammo when they feign ignorance.
If I make some big bold letters I can then directly quote when they argue their point.

Yes, they argue! Don't know why and what makes them think they'll be exempt but they do try!

Many threads have been posted about this...
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13431
Thanks Dennis.

I did use the search for what I wanted before I posted (always do!) but nothing useful came up for some reason. Prob used the wrong search words. Dunno.

How about the special characters in the username? Anyone know where or if I can even do something about that?
This plugin should prevent users from using special characters in their username (it forces users to use only letters, numbers and the underscore character in names).

Note that this will have no effect on existing users with special characters in their names.
Nice and very useful plugin.
Good work, ZiNgA BuRgA.
Eggssssalent!

Will this clash in any way with your MyPlaza plugin?
This plugin does very little, so shouldn't clash with any other plugin.
Perfect! thank you so much!