MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMod help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, well, I have been trying to install these forums for a while now, and I am very close, but one thing is holding me up. I need to set the CHMod thing, and when I look around, I can find the Config file, and the upload and upload/avatars file. What do I do? I am modding them with Flash FXP, which is what I used to upload them. Please help!
I may have the problem fixed. I think some files disappeared somehow.....
every time I try to edit the CHmod stuff, it says command not understood. This is very confusing.
http://www.flashfxp.com/tutorials.php?s=5
Scroll down to where it says "CHMOD".
I have tried that, but it says that it doesn't reconize the command....
it is saying "500 SITE CHMOD 666 settings.php: command not understood.
Is this a Windows server?
I don't think so. I bought my domain and hosting account at domainsatretail.com. But my Computer is running on Windows if thats what you mean. This is my first time actually making a website like this, and I am really confused on this stuff.
(Linux) Hosts _should_ be recognizing the CHMOD command, but anyway:
I'd just try ignoring the CHMOD step and try continuing with the install. If there's an issue, the installer will stop (the installer checks to see if the necessary files are writable).

If the installer does stop, then I'd probably contact the host and ask them why CHMOD'ing isn't working on their servers, and perhaps ask them to do it.
If the installer goes fine though, I'd probably just ignore it altogether. (it probably also means you're on a Windows server as well)