MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Asking MyBB staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Guys, I have developers for my comment software but I'm not sure how to manage the way they'll do things. How do guys do it when it comes to major versions like 1.4? Does Chris upload the current 1.4 to the staff section and the developers add to it from the new features list? Or how do you guys do it?
Best Regards.
Is there a private CVS?
Rovin Wrote:Is there a private CVS?

No.
We have a SVN server. If you're interested in a free online SVN service, check out Assembla.
MrDoom Wrote:We have a SVN server. If you're interested in a free online SVN service, check out Assembla.

Thanks Mr.Doom.

Do you guys know of any free CVS Hosting? A CVS is better than an SVN. (to my knowledge).
I registered over at Assembla. How the heck do you upload files and create directories in the SVN? Their Help tells you absolutely nothing.
If you're on Windows get TortoiseSVN, then enter the URL for your repository in the RepoBrowser and perform a "checkout" to somewhere on your PC. Once done, you can drop any files you want to add in the directory your checked out the repo to on your PC, right click on them and select "Add" from the TortoiseSVN menu. Then just run a commit and boom, files added.

I did make a PDF about using SVN for my AGD module, but I've left the file on my PC at Uni and can't say when I'll next be in to get it since I'm done for the year.
SVN server is by far best
Ye svn is very easy to use and better then cvs i find just do what MrDoom said with TortoiseSVN
If you look at a checklist of what each has you'll find a slightly significant advantage to running SVN over CVS.
Pages: 1 2 3