MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When someone post a orginal post, and sometimes when someone post, The orginal post become second post and the reply becomes 1st post. Any ideas?

Thanks.
How often does this happen? And are you on 2 web servers?
No, well this just happend today. Someone posted orginal post then someone replied and his post become #1 instead of the orginal. It's the first time it's happening. And I'm using 1 webserver.
What are the two timestamps for the posts?

Can you get the "pid" of each post (hover over the edit link) and then insert them into this MySQL query and run it via a tool like phpMyAdmin?

SELECT pid,dateline FROM mybb_posts WHERE pid IN ('pid1','pid2');

Can you then paste a copy of the results (or a screenshot) here and tell us which "pid" was the first post, and which pid was the reply (which is now showing on top).

Thanks,
Chris
Orginal post: 07-27-2005 11:36 PM

Reply, which became orginal post: 12-25-1996 07:09 PM

: PID -> :

SELECT pid, dateline
FROM mybb_posts
WHERE pid
IN (
'pid63', 'pid59'
)
LIMIT 0 , 30

This is what you want?

OR

SQL-query:
SELECT pid, dateline
FROM mybb_posts
WHERE pid
IN (
'63', '59'
)
LIMIT 0 , 30

63 is the "reply"
59 is the "orginal"
From the times you posted earlier I can already tell you the problem: Something has happened to the time on your server, be it the time in the BIOS or the operating system time because MyBB uses the standard time() function to return a timestamp from the machine - and the timestamp for the reply was lower than that of the first post meaning that MyBB thinks it was posted first.
Chris Boulton Wrote:From the times you posted earlier I can already tell you the problem: Something has happened to the time on your server, be it the time in the BIOS or the operating system time because MyBB uses the standard time() function to return a timestamp from the machine - and the timestamp for the reply was lower than that of the first post meaning that MyBB thinks it was posted first.

Oh alright, then it's no big problem. Thanks for your help. Smile