MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shouldn't this work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, for a while I have been trying to install this software on my site. However, when it come to CHmods, I can't change them. I called the people I have my site through, and they say I am using a windows server. So shouldn't I not need to CHmod anything? we unfortunatly, when I try to install the forum software, it says it needs to be CHmoded. PLEASE HELP! I want this forum up ASAP!
any ideas as to why this isn't working? I am desperate, the guy working at the place where I have my site hosted at says that at this point, I know more than he does, and he can't support me anymore! SO I NEED HELP!
i dont need to chmod any files to install mybb

but i use linux.

i can offer a free qualite linux hosting to you if u want
Divine E Wrote:Ok, for a while I have been trying to install this software on my site. However, when it come to CHmods, I can't change them. I called the people I have my site through, and they say I am using a windows server. So shouldn't I not need to CHmod anything? we unfortunatly, when I try to install the forum software, it says it needs to be CHmoded.
If you're using a Windows server, you will need to make sure the files are not marked as "read only" -- you'll need to ask your web host to change that for you.

Divine E Wrote:I am desperate, the guy working at the place where I have my site hosted at says that at this point, I know more than he does, and he can't support me anymore! SO I NEED HELP!

I would suggest finding a host that does know what they are doing.
EL_CID_CAMPEADOR Wrote:i dont need to chmod any files to install mybb

but i use linux.

i can offer a free qualite linux hosting to you if u want

Ok, how can we set this up? I really need this site up soon.