MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is MyBB slowing dying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just read that Chris is stepping down from MyBB (via his blog) what does this mean? Will MyBB stay updated or...
No it's not dying. Sure he won't really be developing it but there is still a great group of people running that part of the show. Plus he said he will still be around just more as an Administrator.

Also they are getting new Developers (Hence the applications).
Chris will be here as a manager. I will still be here as well as our current staff and new staff in time.
From what I understood. Chris won't be developing MyBB anymore but he's still the manager. Heck, that's what a development team is for. Wink
rcpalace Wrote:From what I understood. Chris won't be developing MyBB anymore but he's still the manager. Heck, that's what a development team is for. Wink

Exactly. And they have done a wonderfull job and thus all should be good. Big Grin

Gotta admit i was a little frightend when i read that and then came here and got that error message.
HarryWx Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:From what I understood. Chris won't be developing MyBB anymore but he's still the manager. Heck, that's what a development team is for. Wink

Exactly. And they have done a wonderfull job and thus all should be good. Big Grin

Gotta admit i was a little frightend when i read that and then came here and got that error message.

Chris was doing some regular maintenance on the site
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

Chris was doing some regular maintenance on the site

Ahh ok. Smile
Hi all,

Please be assured that I'm not leaving MyBB - I'm simply moving back to just a project manager as I don't have the time for the development that I used to because of my position at Interspire.

I have a great bunch of team members who are going to continue to bring excellent releases of MyBB, and a whole lot more new, cool & interesting features to the table. We'll also be bringing on more team members very shortly.

I hope that clears everything up.
Project Manager can still be just as time consuming on a major project like MYBB. I do hope the standards you started Chris are continued. Please never lose your focus.

And thanks for everything you have done so far as well.

Yes, it´s a great team of developers, I dont see why the gloom logix Smile
Pages: 1 2