MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hostgator anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I read MrDoom's thread about recommended webhosts. I checked them out, since I hated the new host I chose and wanted to leave. Dennis recommended hostgator, so I decided to give them a try. Seemed like they would be good. Well, it's been a nightmare so far. I can only surf my site for about a minute at a time before I get a time out error. Anyone else use these guys with success? Any problems in the beginning that got sorted later on? I tell you, everyone complains about Godaddy, but I hardly ever had problems with downtime with them. I could always count on my site being up when I visited, with very few exceptions.
No problems here so far, my site runs pretty snappy and I haven't experienced any downtime yet.

I had a few MySQL timeout errors when I first joined, but that went away a short while after. It was most likely happening because of them upgrading servers to a new version of PHP and MySQL.

Been with hostgator for about a month, I was given a recommendation by someone here.

I was even so pleased with them, how fast my website loads etc... that I paid a month in advance and don't have another bill due until July 1st.
Well, I can only hope this is just because just joining, but it's getting frustrating. My site is down right now, which it has been most of today and yesterday!

When it's up, I do notice that it's faster than my old hosts, but what does that matter if it's almost always down??
Have no idea, but you could try asking them to try shifting you over to another server and see if that helps.
I do not think its hostgater as i know a number of people on it and they have not issues and well i am been getting time out errors on mybboard.net and a lot of sites so i think the worlds coming to a end Wink
but i would contact them and ask and maybe give us a link and we can tell you if it gos down or not if you want.
There might be a top teir provider with problems.
I did suggest they move me to another server, but they haven't told me if they did or not. They keep trying to blame my IP...but it's been up so far today, so maybe it got fixed. We'll see, since I can't take much more of my site being down all day.
I have a number of sites on Host Gator and I have never had a problem.

If you feel you have not got a resolution to your problems through the normal channels of support then try emailing the owner Brent, he is always available to look into problems and help find a resolution.

You can email him at: brent (@) hostgator.com

Be sure to include your ticket number in the email as well.

regards, Keith
It's been up all day, so I don't know what the problem was. Just found out today that hostgator blocks my top site script, which is a pain. Luckily, mine isn't that important to me. I'm sure they've lost a lot of customers due to that though.