MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Popup Issue!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am not getting a popup when I get a pm, I think this started happening after I reverted some templates.

What templates handle the pm popups and what code do I need to add to them?
Please check that you've enabled them at User CP --> Edit Options
DennisTT Wrote:Please check that you've enabled them at User CP --> Edit Options

Yes that has been enabled for a while now, yet no popup whenever I get a PM.

I had this problem before and managed to fix it by adding the code to the proper template, however it got lost on a template revert and I can not remember what template it was I fixed.

I need to know what templates handle pm popups and what code I need to add as I can't remember how I fixed it the last time.
the popup never showed for me either :ß
i wish there was an option to show some blinking "envolope" gif pic or so in the headline when you have a new pm..
TStarGermany Wrote:the popup never showed for me either :ß
i wish there was an option to show some blinking "envolope" gif pic or so in the headline when you have a new pm..

It would actually be nice to get some help and solve this problem rather than my thread being skipped over and bumped down.

Where are the staff when you need help? Surely they know the templates in and out and what to add to them for the PM popup.
Quote:Where are the staff when you need help?

They do have lives beyond MyBB, and for those in the US today is a holiday. You should learn to be patient especially since your problem isn't exactly a serious problem!
Please make sure your headerinclude template contains this code (by default it is on the last line):
{$newpmmsg}
lufbra Wrote:
Quote:Where are the staff when you need help?

They do have lives beyond MyBB, and for those in the US today is a holiday. You should learn to be patient especially since your problem isn't exactly a serious problem!

I do realize this, but I had a threads in the past specifically the thread about the inline thread popup template issue that had went unanswered after two months of constant bumping.

I had to wind up fixing the problem myself at the expense of messing my forum up. Other threads of mine are going on anywheres between 3 days to 2+ weeks or a month without help or a reply and bumping them.

It shouldn't take that long to receive help, especially when I'm trying to keep my forum as orderly as possible on paid hosting and am notified of a problem.

So it's not a matter of not having patience it's a matter of most of my threads not being answered for upwards of sometime weeks or months.

If I was knowledgeable enough to fix these problems on my own, there would be no need for me to request help.
I'm not going to go into a discussion/argument about your post above, but I will say I find it ironic you spent the time to reply to my post, then you posted This, yet with your concern about fixing your forum, you have yet to reply to DennisTT!
I've installed a new theme just to test the PM popup, and it doesn't work on the new theme either.

All the required code is in the templates, so I am sure the problem is plugin related now. Can a moderator please move this to the plugin support forum?

Is there any other known plugins that would interfere with the PM popup besides the image resizer plugin?
Pages: 1 2