MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bug unable to install 12.13 [at all]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to say 12.13 has a bug can't do any install nor even connect mysql database.

To able use can only patch 12.12 to 12.13 only. I'm not kidding I've already test install 3 of kinds. I've also install the right step too it doesn't work at all.
There must be something wrong with your set up or host or you are doing something wrong.

I say this because I, and many others, have installed MyBB 1.2.13 with no problem at all
Keith W Wrote:I say this because I, and many others, have installed MyBB 1.2.13 with no problem at all
+1 Smile
Maybe so from host because I've done the action covered the chess before you said all of that above.

= localhost<<it's usually work in my host but won't work since try 12.13 old can point without problem
= database name
= database user
= database password
All correct check than ten times today.
2.chmod all correct. I'm not forget about mybb installing instructions.
3.Done all complete step but can't do anything in 12.13 installer. I've to reverse install 12.12 back and patch 12.13 instead.

Before I talk about installer problem I've issue about "unable to save theme at [bottomlink_include] part"<<< only this part and I'm figure this out my own to make my theme complete it's ugly when some part of theme unable to change.
It's 1.2.13, not 12.13. What is the version of Apache/PHP you have on your server? Generally if MyBB won't connect to your database, something is wrong on your side, for example, are you sure your host doesn't prefix your username or database name with something that you have missed?
100% sure, because I'm not naive follow anything wrong nor missed have also trust on free host more than 3 place result the same. It's can't connect localhost which it usually can.

There 1 of the 2 things that's I'm curious about:
1. Their host mysql error itself. When I install it usually have they worl with all mybb 1.2+ previous version but not 1.2.13
2. Mybb installer itself. I've doubt it because I've not missed any step. For how I'm not I already said above.

-1.2.13[patch from 1.2.12] worked even reinstall.
-1.2.13 full pack doesn't work
both of them install in the same way.

Regards
Labyrinth
Well there were no database changes between 1.2.12 to 1.2.13 so the installer won't have changed at all.
If you're still having problem, please post the exact error message you are getting.