MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: editing individual pages....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help me, I've searched this forum up and down and I can't find answers to the questions I have.

My question: How do you edit the text on the different pages such as; register, login etc?..... I want to add some of my own text as well as edit the text that is already in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

ecisme
Well, you could edit the language files or the templates.

You can find the language files in <site_root>/inc/languages/<language>/

You can find the template editing features by logging into your ACP, then doing the following: Templates -> Modify/Delete -> Expand template you wish to edit > Click "Change Original" (or "Edit", if you have already edited them)

However, there is no such option whereby you can just edit entire pages. It's just bits and pieces you can edit, because MyBB is a dynamic system that generates content, rather than displaying static content.
I only want to edit the text on the register and login pages and nothing else.

I have gone to the ACP and found Templates -> Modify/Delete -> Expand -> Expand original, but can't find the actual text you see when you visit the register page.

Where can I find the actual text you see when you click on register? All I see is the script code itself and no text. I've also checked on my server in the member.php files and can find the register page but I can't find the text.

What am I doing wrong?
Quote:Where can I find the actual text you see when you click on register?
It's in the /inc/languages/english/member.lang.php file somewhere Smile
I found it and have successfully edited it the way I want.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!