MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question on forum visibility for groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched this forum but found no answer, so I ask here:
Guess this scenario:
A forum site with forum_a and forum_b and usergroup_a and usergroup_b.
usergroup_a may only see forum_a and usergroup_b may only see forum_b. This is no problem for users that are only members in one of both groups. But users that are members in both usergroups will see none of both forums, this is what I see in my forum with MyBB. I would expect that a user that is member in both groups will see both forums. Is there any other way in MyBB than creating a third usergroup_c and set permssion for this group in each forum?
If a user is a member of group_a and group_b, yes, they will inherit the permissions of both.

However, you need to make sure that custom permissions are set for both groups on both forums.
That is, custom permissions override default permissions, so make sure you explicitly state that group_a is allowed to view forum_a, not just leave it on the default settings and hide it from other groups.

Hope that made sense...
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:If a user is a member of group_a and group_b, yes, they will inherit the permissions of both.

However, you need to make sure that custom permissions are set for both groups on both forums.
That is, custom permissions override default permissions, so make sure you explicitly state that group_a is allowed to view forum_a, not just leave it on the default settings and hide it from other groups.

Hope that made sense...

Ok, thank you for this hint, I will try this.
Edit: Yes, this works, thank you for your help.