MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search engine spiders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my site most of it isnt accessable to non registered users. I want to know which group google bot is in?. For instance is its treated as a unregistered member it wont be able to index any of my site. If i can have it treated as a registered member it could access most of the site. Which group are search indexers in and can i change that?.

Also can i edit the validation email as well?. I want to do this to explain to members why they cant access all the board.
MyBB RC4 and earlier versions do not support this functionality of having a search engine spider identified and placed in a certain group. However, i'm very happy to say that MyBB Gold supports spider identification and to place spiders in a certain group you just need to change one line in our new class_session.php:

var $botgroup = 1;

You would change the value to whichever group you want spiders to act as, and they will do exactly that Wink

To edit the validation email you need to edit inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php
Ok so will search engine spiders be treated as a member or a unregistered user?.

Also can i edit the terms for sign up?.
Quote:will search engine spiders be treated as a member or a unregistered user?
Unregistered users, in RC4.

You can edit the /inc/languages/english/member.lang.php file to alter the text visible when someone registers.
HI, where can I change this
var $botgroup = 1;

in 1.01?
I'd like to ban all the Bots from my forums, because they are private and I don't want any unregistered to read something.

Smile
FraGe

EDIT: I found it, it's in /inc/class_session.php ->
If the Usergroup for the Bots is 1, they shouldn't be able to enter the Board, but they're trying to - at least in who is online, you can see, that they are everyhere ...