MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SPAM - email address sourced from this forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let me tell you what i read and i think it is very true

Quote:Always remember, perfect security on the Internet does not exist.
You can hide from the spam! EVAR!!! LoL.
Quote:we have an intrusion detection system that logs all suspicious looking requests

Holding out on us?
labrocca Wrote:
Quote:we have an intrusion detection system that logs all suspicious looking requests

Holding out on us?

The script is internal use only.
Ahh..so you admit the holding out! OMG you suck...you're terrible. lol...you know I am kidding. Well maybe you guys can at least tell us the logic in case we can reproduce it. Something like that could be very useful. Is it run as a plugin? Server script? Modification to core mybb files? Hints to how it's done would be helpful.

And btw...does this mean I shouldn't try SQL injection here even as a test?
Can't you configure ModSecurity to do something like that? I'm getting a crapload of "warnings" in my logs about policy violations and they are only coming from my sites running MyBB.
labrocca Wrote:Ahh..so you admit the holding out! OMG you suck...you're terrible. lol...you know I am kidding. Well maybe you guys can at least tell us the logic in case we can reproduce it. Something like that could be very useful. Is it run as a plugin? Server script? Modification to core mybb files? Hints to how it's done would be helpful.

And btw...does this mean I shouldn't try SQL injection here even as a test?

It's an external app written in binary that is setup as a service on the server and run in conjunction with apache. Chris had to make modifications to apache so it's not exactly easy to install.
Pages: 1 2