MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Online telescope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an free online telescope so i can view the stars in real time??
Let say a site where images update momentarily??

It has to be free
dikidera Wrote:Is there an free online telescope so i can view the stars in real time??

It has to be free

worldwidetelescope.org

Microsoft just released it.
rcpalace Wrote:
dikidera Wrote:Is there an free online telescope so i can view the stars in real time??

It has to be free

worldwidetelescope.org

I already have that but i dont think it shows the new pictures momentarily
I mean watching the planets like videos(but in real time) how the sun "moves" etc....
That's impossible, since the imagery needs to be uploaded onto the internet it would take impossible amounts of space to bring it live.
Not impossible.
Someone send Google the suggestion.
dikidera Wrote:[strike]Not[/strike] impossible.
dikidera Wrote:Not impossible.

Are you kidding me? I mean they would need tons of telescopes because not everyone is going to want to look at the same place at the same time.

This is impossible until they find a way to have billions of telescopes all over the earth.(Connected to a camera and the internet of course)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starry_Nigh...oftware%29

If I remember correctly, you can go back and forward in time and see how everything moves, from any spot on the Earth (since it's all calculated). I'm sure you can obtain this software by *cough*legal*cough* means. Smile
rcpalace Wrote:worldwidetelescope.org

So thats what they have been doing instead of developing good operating systems :p It is pretty cool though.