MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching hosts, domain but keeping forums and data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i just signed up and made a forum with createmybb but that hosting is horrible and i cant even change my theme. How can i change the host, the domain but keeping all the forums and data?
Unfortunately with CreateMyBB you can't keep your information unless you get a backup from the CreateMyBB site. You will have to ask the site owner for a backup of your forum. Also, you couldn't keep the domain (if it is a .createmybb.com domain) as it belongs to createmybb.com.

If you need a new host though you might want to try my free MyBB forum hosting site, WebringAmerica. We have no ads, lots of themes and we also offer free backups. Smile

BMR777
Hey thanks, ill join ya
Great! Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. Smile

BMR777
Well how do i moved the backup'd data to the forum i make on webring
Most likely with FTP for your forum data, and something like phpMyAdmin to import the MySQL database.
What about that webbased FTP that hosts have?
Doesn't really matter how you get the forum files on there so long as they are there and CHMOD correctly.
If you had a backup I could potentially restore it for you on WebringAmerica, but I could not guarantee this. You could also sign up with a free web host that has CPanel and you could import the backup with PHPMyAdmin.

BMR777
Oh so your hosting has no cpanel?
Pages: 1 2