MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB & Mkportal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, i have the latest version of MyBB installed with the latest version of Mkportal, what i'm trying to do is make the header pull from my forum themes (depending on which theme is chosen) instead of showing the mkportal header, does anyone know how i can do that?

Thanks
Do you mean you're interesting to turn mybb into cms-like instead of use cms?

It's possble you can do it by code but do carefully edit them. Mybb have portal.php and some special plugins like "custom pages" which you can create anything equipt with mybb they can turn of you edit portal, header menu into the good shape.

Those of all other are you code, art design skills.
no, i mean i already have MkPortal but im trying to make it use my forums headers instead of mkportals, which i know its possible with some file edits, i just don't know exactly how its done, hence why i asked here.
ok i found the way to do this with MkPortal and IPB can someone help me convert the IPB code to MyBB code?

Thanks.

//logo hack2 

global $mkportals, $DB; 

if ($mkportals->member['theme']) { 
    $DB->query("SELECT set_image_dir, set_cache_css from ibf_skin_sets where set_skin_set_id = '{$mkportals->member['theme']}'"); 
 } else { 
    $DB->query("SELECT set_image_dir, set_cache_css from ibf_skin_sets where set_default = '1'"); 
 } 
 $r = $DB->fetch_row(); 

$myimages_dir = $r['set_image_dir']; 
 unset ($r); 

// dirs where logo could to be stored
 $logo = "$mklib->images/logo.gif"; 
 $logo2 = $mklib->sitepath."/".$mklib->forumpath."/style_images/".$myimages_dir."/logo.gif";
 $logo3 = "$mklib->images/logo.png"; 
 $logo4 = $mklib->sitepath."/".$mklib->forumpath."/style_images/".$myimages_dir."/logo.png";

// check if exists logo.gif or logo.png in both dirs (in mkportal image path or in forum style)
 if (is_file("$logo2") ) {
   $logo = $logo2; // check if exists logo.gif in forum style dir
 } elseif (is_file("$logo3") ) {
   $logo = $logo3; // check if exists logo.png in mkportal dir
 } elseif (is_file("$logo4") ) {
   $logo = $logo3; // check if exists logo.png in forum style dir
 } else { 
   $logo4 = $mklib->sitepath."/".$mklib->forumpath."/style_images/".$myimages_dir."/logo4.gif";
   if (is_file("$logo4") ) {
    $logo = $logo4;
   } 
 } 

// background image
 $background = "$mklib->images/sf_logo.jpg";
 $background2 = $mklib->sitepath."/".$mklib->forumpath."/style_images/".$myimages_dir."/tile_back.gif";
 if (is_file("$background2") ) { 
   $background = $background2; 
 }

//end logo hack