MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Based Guitar Tab Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I am making a tab site using myBB and it's member system login and all that good stuff. I was wondering if anyone would be interesting in coding this for me for free. I doubt anyone will but here is what I need.
  • Users can submit tabs
  • Tabs can be searched by artist or song.
  • Searchable directory of tabs. You can search different letters and it list the bands that start with that letter.
  • Tabs submitted by users must be verified before posted on the site.
  • Users can submit guides/tips.
  • Guides/tips are searchable by skill level ex. beginner, intermediate, etc.

I am planning on making some money off of this site. I will pay if I do make money. Toungue Not sure how much but I'll pay. Or... I could get you free hosting if you want/need it.

There may be more I need done I"m not to sure yet. If you would like to contact me for more information you can do so through AIM at Yourdown10 MSN at [email protected] and EMAIl at [email protected] .

Thanks,
Ryan
LOL. Thats like $300.00 worth of custom coding. I dunno, but I hope you find some one. Wink Big Grin
maddog39 Wrote:LOL. Thats like $300.00 worth of custom coding. I dunno, but I hope you find some one. Wink Big Grin

Yeah Toungue I know. I've gotten more than this done befor actually. I got a whole design siite being coded using phpBB as a db for free. I must have good people skills? Toungue
Mersky Wrote:
maddog39 Wrote:LOL. Thats like $300.00 worth of custom coding. I dunno, but I hope you find some one. Wink Big Grin

Yeah Toungue I know. I've gotten more than this done befor actually. I got a whole design siite being coded using phpBB as a db for free. I must have good people skills? Toungue

Or very generous friends. =/
Seems like a basic script, why not find something like this using Google? Toungue
Quote:I am making a tab site using myBB
Sure Toungue Dodgy A simple script with php and a DB should be easy enough. I think the main cost would be finding the time to do it Toungue
It seams a little bit more complicated than you all think or atleast it does to me but whatever. Big Grin
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Or very generous friends. =/

Ha no the guy that is doing it I barely know. Toungue

And for the people that say it's simple I highly doubt it is simple. Maybe it's just me because I cant do anything with php except edit it alittle. Toungue
Sorry, what's a 'tab'?
DennisTT Wrote:Sorry, what's a 'tab'?
A tab(lature) is a form of musical notation which tells the player where to place their fingers on a particular instrument rather than which pitches to play.