MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Mods in alternate themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm setting up a MyBB which i will convert into from my old system, and I've come across a problem...
I had installed a couple Mods before I added any styles. When I added the styles, the Mods didn't work in the new ones. I tried disabling and enabling, but they still don't work.

Sorry if this has been answered already. I couldn't find anything with the search.
You just have to add the code manually.

Lex made a guide for doing that HERE.
Ah, thanks.
Here I was thinking MyBB would be a good software to switch to, rather than stay with phpBB. The main reason for the switch was to get away from manual code edits.
I guess I'll just have to find something else.
Well, usually manual code edits aren't the case. It also depends on the compatibility of the theme. You might be using a theme that needs updating. Wink
ahero4heor Wrote:Well, usually manual code edits aren't the case. It also depends on the compatibility of the theme. You might be using a theme that needs updating. Wink

Exactly. Granted i have been saying FOR MONTHS that those old themes that dont work with the newer/current version of mybb SHOULD BE MARKED as so. HOPEFULLY when 1.4 is released a better system is put into place.
Well, its not the MyBB team's fault. It is us, the designers', fault for not having provided a newer version. At least, thats the way I feel about it. Honestly, it shouldn'tbe a problem, but there are times where it can be an annoyance.
ahero4heor Wrote:Well, its not the MyBB team's fault. It is us, the designers', fault for not having provided a newer version. At least, thats the way I feel about it. Honestly, it shouldn'tbe a problem, but there are times where it can be an annoyance.

I agree that it isnt the mybb team fault. Maybe they can get someone to look after that section though?
Zyenet Wrote:Ah, thanks.
Here I was thinking MyBB would be a good software to switch to, rather than stay with phpBB. The main reason for the switch was to get away from manual code edits.
I guess I'll just have to find something else.

It's still a lot easier with mybb. I mean all you have to do insert the one little thing into the theme. I mean it's not really editing tons of files and having to worry about since you have installed a few mods.
And, most of the time its only once and it can be removed via the plugin...