MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suhosin / Theme Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

Before coming here, I spent a while on IRC in #myBB, so I did try to get help already! Big Grin

Basically I'm having this issue where when I try to edit my forum theme (which is actually the default one which I am trying to change), it works for most of the page, up until the Bottom Links settings. At that point, any changes I make do not get changed. It reverts back to the default settings and the forum stays the same. Keep in mind that all settings before that can be changed.

Someone in IRC told me the issue could be that I have Suhosin on my server. He gave me a few lines to add to a .htaccess file to place into my forum directory and admin directory. The content:

suhosin.request.max_vars 2000
suhosin.post.max_vars 2000

Unfortunately, it didn't work and he referred me to here.

Any words of advice? It would help a lot!

EDIT: ALSO, if it helps, I just fixed an Authorisation Code error by upgrading to 1.3 or whatever. All things work so far, but maybe there is a connection here?
If you're still having problems, you're most likely not able to modify PHP configuration variables directly via htaccess, in which case, you'd need to contact your web hosting provider and ask them to modify the maximums for each of the vars.

Many web hosting providers restrict what you can do through htaccess as far as modification of the core configuration files on a individual level. If that is the case, root access and modification of the core files is the only true way around this.
Alright, I'll contact them ASAP and leave my results here afterwards.
Hi there.

I had my host edit the values and now the problem is solved. I think maybe there should be a topic about this somewhere if this issue seems to become common.

Thanks to everyone that helped!