MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AnonymURL, Your Anonym Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2008-06-06, 04:44 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]You just want to prevent the user's browser from sending the Referer HTTP header? Sounds like it could be used to hide your tracks in some questionable activities (remote DoS attack anyone?).

Ineffective as you just block referrers from his site. It can't be used very well for that.
anoming images would be a good thing, but in my case it's not.
The people on my board use auto image downloaders to grab all the pics.
With the anom on the image links, the image downloaders we use do not work.
Most of our posts have anywhere from 100 to 1000's of embedded thumbs leading to the full images on the link.

Saving them one by one would not be possible.. hehe Ask LeX ..he knows .. he has seen posts on my board Wink

Thanks again for your input.
I will just wait until someone else makes the change for me.
It's probably better to have some plugin which automatically mirrors all the images onto your server once it's posted.
I wish that would work ZiNgA ..hehe
My board has 100000000's of images. 100's of TB's worth.. and always growing.
Some pics are as big as 6000pix [12MB a single pic] .. and 100's of pic's in a single set.

So you see, we must all use free image hosting.

My board is an adult forum,
so you can just use your imagination from that on the amount/type of posting we get per day.

As i said before, LeX has see etbuzz first hand.

No worries, i do not expect any of you to bend over backwards for me.
You have all helped me so much in the past. etBuzz is a great board because of all the help i have got here.

I know a mod like this would take very little coding.. so i will just wait until someone feels like doing it one day.

Thanks again everyone Angel
Does this plugin still work with the latest version of MyBB?
Hello! I would love to use your plugin, but it doesn't work in conjunction with the spoiler tag plugin. The javascript:void(0) link isn't recognised as internal, and so the plugin anonymises it. I tried adding it to the ignore list, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Since this is none functional anymore I have recoded to work with a new site I use.

So thanks to original author

just upload to /inc/plugins and activate

Heart

also I will try fixing the bugs mentioned and support this plugin, and make it into my own eventually but this was a fast fix
Pages: 1 2 3