MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: theubuntuforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-06-09, 02:45 PM)c0lin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-09, 06:43 AM)Wheel-World Wrote: [ -> ]That nav bar is awesome and original It is such a good idea making it like the ubuntu one!

Yeah I've found that accessing my inbox is much faster, as well as editing most profile info is faster too. However adding new menu items is a pain.

(2008-06-09, 07:45 AM)Lynnis Wrote: [ -> ]I have Ubuntu installed on a friend's laptop, so I will probably join up for some help. I'm terrible with Linux at the moment until I can learn some more.

Sounds good. There's actually an app that will let you install Ubuntu into Windows and adds an entry to Add/Remove allowing you to uninstall Ubuntu if you don't like it: http://wubi-installer.org/

I've used Wubi before. It works great.
(2008-06-09, 03:53 PM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]I've used Wubi before. It works great.

I haven't used it personally but I've heard good things. I'll be using it on my work computer later today (HDD is encrypted so I don't want to mess with partitions).

Also I forgot to add in my first post: Any critique of the theme is very welcome. I'm still fine tuning a lot of things (group badges, various buttons) but I'd love new ideas (the top navigation panel is pretty versatile, I can add quite a bit to it).
I like it all, but the only thing I don't like is how it is centered. It makes it look like there is alot of empty space.
I like the idea of a panel at the top. I have some suggestions though. They MAY be above your skill level though. Instead of having the login/register on the panel, why not make an ajax applet that you click and it has a little popup for logging in or registering, would have to put it elsewhere too though to make it easy for new people. Also a copy of the forum breadcrumb should be in a bottom panel looking like open windows. Also the search link has the icon of the fast user switcher if I remember right.
I can do a pop up login window via thickbox. What's a forum bread crumb? Is that the navigation just below the header? (Home > Forum > Sub-forum > Thread?) That's a good idea, I think I can implement something like that (templates in myBB make change specific elements extremely easy).

The search link is using the Deskbar applet icon, which is a fast desktop search (like Vista's search bar in the Start menu).
Oh ok, I usually remove most of the panel stuff thats default. Toungue I also haven't used Ubuntu since 6.10, I prefer Linux Mint. It's Ubuntu based.
(2008-06-11, 02:13 AM)Scott Hough Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok, I usually remove most of the panel stuff thats default. Toungue I also haven't used Ubuntu since 6.10, I prefer Linux Mint. It's Ubuntu based.

They actually don't even provide is a default option anymore. I started designing the top panel before Ubuntu 8.04 was out.

I tried to get Mint but when I downloaded it their HTTP server was slow and I ended up getting a corrupted iso. The torrent had maybe 4 people seeding too... maybe it's different now. I'll have to give it a shot again.
I liked the Mint version a lot, I also like PCLinux2007 too. Smile
Pages: 1 2