MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 problems-please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here goes, first problem, I created a test announcement and posted it in one of my forums, I then deleted the announcement, but the announcement didn't completely delete.

It still shows as a non clickable announcement in the other forums I've created. How do I delete the announcement so that it is completely gone in all forums?

(Second problem, only after creating and deleting an announcement)

Now when I create a forum and set it to No when it asks."Act As A Forum", I get the following message when I try to access that forum.

Sorry but the forum you are currently viewing does not contain any child forums.

I only started experiencing this problem after creating the announcement and deleting it. Before the announcement was created, all the forums were working fine when I clicked No on Act As A Forum.

How can this be changed back to category forums that are accessable?

I appologize for the description of my problem, I hope it makes sense and you are able to understand what I'm trying to explain.

Shy I bet you've guessed by now that I'm fairly new at all this stuff!!

Can someone please help?

Thanks
about the announcement thingy, i dont know wats wrong.

the 2nd problem.... when you set as "no" in "Act as a forum", it'll be used as a category. then you add a child forum for that category. if you want to make a normal forum (no category) then select 'yes' in "act as forum"

hope that helps......
Thanks for your help, the forum problem is solved.

As for the Announcement problem, I still need to know if there is a way to completely delete the announcement other than in the Admin CP?

I have already deleted the announcement through the Admin CP / Forum Announcements, but this did not delete the announcement, it is still showing up in all my forums. I've checked the Global Announcements and there is no announcements there to delete.

How can I delete an announcement that has been created then delted, but still continues to show in all the forums?
I tested it on my forums, and it seems to delete it. I have no idea what is going on with yours. If you have some kind of database editor, look around in the mysql tables to find that announcement, and delete it. That's the only thing I can think of.
It should delete just fine. Have you edited and files or the database of MyBB? As Render said, you would have to deleted from the database if it's not working from the admin cp.
Oh I agree it should delete just fine but the problem is it didn't, and I haven't deleted anything yet.

I guess the questions is; where do I go other than the Admin CP to look for and delete announcements that have been created. I've looked in the database but I'm not exactly sure what to look for. I do have a file there listed as "message", in the announcement.php file, but I'm not sure if this is the announcement I created or if I should delete it or not?

Also, is it possible to delete the "Announcements", feature from the Admin CP? It seems like it would be easier to create a forum and just name it Announcement and set the permissions to view only? Wouldn't that take care of the announcement problem in my forums as well?

I have absolutely no experience with database or scripts. I'm learning tho, and its a very slow process.

I apologize for the confusion on my behalf. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks everybody! Big Grin