MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to create a forum not in any category?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to MyBB, I've used PhpBB a little before and I want to switch to MyBB now but I need to create forums that are not in any categories but it doesn't seem possible?

I hope that there is a solution because PhpBB does it and I really don't want to continue with PhpBB just for this reason.

Thanks for your help

J.Dimalta
Quote:MyBB Error
The forum must belong to a parent forum or category. If you have no existing forums, create a category first (by setting 'Act as Forum' to 'No') before creating a forum.

So, no. Is it really that big of a deal?
Currently not possible with 1.2.x, but might be possible on 1.4.x.
Quote:So, no. Is it really that big of a deal?
Yes, if you really prefer MyBB and you're forced to use an other forum that you don't like just because of this limitation...

It's possible to create a category that contains everything but that's a waste of space and I my case I need to display all the categories and subcategories and forums on the index:

Forum

Forum

Category
. . . . Subcategory
. . . . . . . . Forum Forum Forum Forum

But with a category that contains everything else it's not possible: the last level will be hidden.

May be there is a way to display more levels of categories, subcategories and forums on the first page?
^ Create an entirely custom index page. This will require manual updating as well.

You'll need to know at least HTML to do this.
Yes I may do this, I know html and also php and mysql so I think it's not so difficult to list the informations I need on an entirely custom index page but I'm concerned about the fact that with the new versions of mybb my page will not be compatible anymore.

An option to do this on 1.4.x. would be so great Smile

May be also an option to list the sub-sub-forums vertically with their details columns: Threads,Posts,Last Post Smile

I know I'm only asking and I'm not the one programming the new functionalities...