MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tasks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently in admincp of 1.4 tasks can be run via Cron Job which from what I understand is going to save some overhead. Yet in admincp there isn't an easy way to get all the cron jobs exported. It doesn't even give help to do this.

So my suggestion is to make it easier for admins to close all tasks and use a cron job instead. A nice wizard would be great for showing what line to add.

20 * * * * /mybb/task.php
Another tasks suggestion...it looks like adding a task to 1.4 is done in admincp.

I see that the list does view the folder though for any existing task files. Why not take it one day further and have an easy task installer similar to the plugin system where the task can have an array with default description and time to run. From the perspective of a plugin author this might be easier in some ways. I guess a task could be added also via the activate/install method though. Think it over please and tell me if my suggestion makes any sense.