MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing HotEditor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Evilito did you upgraded you Forum to Mybb 1.4?

If you realize how to install HotEditor please update this thread Smile

my users think this is a great feature

(2008-08-06, 11:14 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Evilito did you upgraded you Forum to Mybb 1.4?

If you realize how to install HotEditor please update this thread Smile

my users think this is a great feature

I haven't updated my forum mainly because of this xD!

BUT, hopefully next weekend I will have my hands on it. The author doesn't reply :/

We should try to contact him before, don't you think so? Let's write him so he can see there are many of us wishing a 1.4 compatible version of his mod Big Grin
I have made an updated HotEditor for 1.4, but it has 2 minor bugs. Anyone is free to use it or mess around with it unless it goes against the original author: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-342...#pid238194
does it work with 1.4.2?
This will be a great feature!

Hope you can do it usable for 1.4.x
No matter which WYSIWYG-Editor I try, I seem to be running into bugs all the time.

For example with the Hot Editor demo linked in the first post, type foobar, select it, make it bold, make it centered.

Click "Switch On/Off WYSIWYG Mode", and it shows [ CENTER ][ B ]foobar[ /B ][ /CENTER ]
Click it again and suddenly foobar isn't centered anymore.
Click it again and it shows [ B ]foobar[ /B ]

I had similar issues in TinyMCE and others... for some reason none of these editors seem to be able to guarantee data integrity. And since it's wysiwyg you usually don't even know what exactly is going wrong...
Mmmm, the only way We Will have a WYSWYG editor is with a Integration on the Core of MyBB...
You didn't tell us where to upload...
Where?
Pages: 1 2 3