MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Going Back After Posting Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After you post a thread or reply it would be nice if you could hit the back button and go back to the forum or search result you found the thread in.
The functionality of the back button is based on what pages your browser remembers you previously viewing. It's not something that we can change.

If you press the back button after posting from a full new thread/reply form, you will most likely be taken to the previous page, which was the posting page. This isn't something we can change I think.
I think what I'm thinking of is from vB where when you make a quick reply it doesn't leave the page so after words you can hit the back button and it will return to the thread or search results you were viewing. And this works in MyBB as well, so dismiss this suggestion, I didn't realize it only worked for quick replies.
Yes it works with the AJAX quick reply, because it doesn't require loading an additional page (unless your post is to show up on a new page), the browser is still on the same page Smile