MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I made the switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I used to be using Mozilla Firefox for everything as I thought that it was the best thing ever, but yesterday it stopped working and kept freezing so I started using Opera (I had it already installed from ages ago and hadn't used it much) and seeing as firefox conveniently deletes all bookmarks and everything every few days (which really annoyed me) I just simply set Opera as the default browser, and changed the spots on my quick menu under Start from Firefox to Opera. So far I haven't regretted it Wink
Just use whatever suits your needs Smile Opera has an option to import your Fx bookmarks if you need them, and it is overally more customizable (excluding addons) than Firefox, so you should enjoy it Smile

Good on ya'
Did you upgrade to 9.50, or are you still using 9.27?
Opera is a "CSS killer"
I've never heard of a browser losing bookmarks every few days, has it been doing this all the time, or did it start just recently? As for the freezing as well, are you sure your computer is clean of any malware/virus' etc?

Having said that, I have friends who swear by Opera, they wouldn't change for anything else!
(2008-06-12, 11:21 AM)Soshite Wrote: [ -> ]Did you upgrade to 9.50, or are you still using 9.27?

I am still using Opera 9.26.. oops better upgrade then Blush
EDIT: Upgraded to 9.50, wow its so good and faster than 9.26. thanks for telling me about the update Big Grin

(2008-06-12, 04:30 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Opera is a "CSS killer"

Yes I have noticed, its a tad slower than firefox too, but I don't mind Smile
EDIT: Since I just upgraded (see above) its now a hell of a lot faster than IE, FF and Opera 9.26.

(2008-06-12, 08:43 PM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of a browser losing bookmarks every few days, has it been doing this all the time, or did it start just recently? As for the freezing as well, are you sure your computer is clean of any malware/virus' etc?

Having said that, I have friends who swear by Opera, they wouldn't change for anything else!

Yes Firefox did it all the time, it always seemed to happen on Sundays and Wednesdays, and also days I have been going in and out of browser windows (opsning one, net surfing, closing it, opening another one etc.)

I am sure my computer is clean of viruses, it does a virus check each day and it hasn't found any.
I love Opera's quickdial feature, its so simple and handy Smile i don't think i will ever go back to firefox!
(2008-06-12, 04:30 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Opera is a "CSS killer"

Huh? Do you mean that some websites don't render right? If so, that's the fault of the website owner for writing crappy code, using a faulty "code sniffer", or being a Firefox zealot and thinking if it works in FF, their site is perfect. Toungue

(2008-06-12, 08:46 PM)Lachlan Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Upgraded to 9.50, wow its so good and faster than 9.26. thanks for telling me about the update Big Grin

I started using 9.50 since the first Alpha snapshot builds. It is quite impressive the rendering/JavaScript parser fixes they made to improve the speed of the browser. Smile
[quote]Huh? Do you mean that some websites don't render right? If so, that's the fault of the website owner for writing crappy code, using a faulty "code sniffer", or being a Firefox zealot and thinking if it works in FF, their site is perfect. [/quote

Agreed. And if I need to open an alternate browser IE7 does just fine. I don't have a single site I regularly visit that has a problem with Opera.

Thanks for the 9.5 update notice...haven't bothered to check for update in a bit..going for it now.

Opera ROCKS.
I use Opera on all of my portable devices. But I stick to IE on my desktops and laptops. Smile
Firefox all the way here... and soon very soon Firefox 3 baby
Pages: 1 2 3