MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] [1.2.13] Viewed posts still stay "Forum Contains New Posts"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have converted SMF to mybb 1.2.13 which makes lots of problems but i fixed the most problems. I have Admin Blue as Theme installed and also let the upgrade.php run to fix bugs with the theme.
But now i have an problem when i view an post and go then back to forumhome it still shows up as unread "Forum Contains New Posts
", refresh brings nothing i have to check "Mark All Forums Read" that they get signed as already read.
Also the PM will stay unread.

Has anyone an idea?

cHarOn
only about thinking could this be an cookie problem?
(2008-06-12, 01:48 PM)cHarOn Wrote: [ -> ]I have converted SMF to mybb 1.2.13 which makes lots of problems but i fixed the most problems. I have Admin Blue as Theme installed and also let the upgrade.php run to fix bugs with the theme.
But now i have an problem when i view an post and go then back to forumhome it still shows up as unread "Forum Contains New Posts
", refresh brings nothing i have to check "Mark All Forums Read" that they get signed as already read.
Also the PM will stay unread.

Has anyone an idea?

cHarOn
only about thinking could this be an cookie problem?

OK Cookie is not the problem Sad damn i cant open it with that bug please help me Heart
This has been reported numerous times and is a known bug for the 1.2 series. It is fixed in MyBB 1.4 (running here at the community forums, but not available for public use yet)
Please subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of when it is available. Smile

Thank you.
ok thx for the info really bad bug i hope the release is not far away Smile and i hope that i dont have to change then everything again Smile

cHarOn
that bug is present in mybb since i've started with MyBB, more than a year ago.
cos it is fixed in 1.4 i am waiting for final version. I hope it will be no mess, for us when we'll upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4.
omg i hope this is really fixed then or it was an mistake to switch form smf to mybb Sad
My previous post stated that it was fixed..

apo was just saying that it has been an issue for a long while now, but as it required a rather large code rewrite, it hadn't been fixed until 1.4
Upgrading should be a breeze.
ok np i can wait and when the new version fixed that problem then it is fine Smile i think july is the date where we get 1.4 Smile so one month to go is fine then Smile