MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where would you edit the entire template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What template file would you edit for the entire forum? Like I would like to change the style of the borders displayed on the outter side?
That would be in the Main CSS for each style.
Not the css the template file.
Doesn't the Main CSS contain that information? "Border Color, thickness, etc..." ??
(2008-06-14, 02:24 AM)Baldilocks Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't the Main CSS contain that information? "Border Color, thickness, etc..." ??

Not sure if this can be done through that. As for SMF we use index.template.php for html divs and stuff.
Yeah, I might be thinking vBulletin anyway. I know that MyBB is very similar as far as template editing goes.
HTML Divs? Use the actual templating system. It uses HTML.
Each page has it's own master template. If you want to add a new div that contains the whole page you need to place the beginning <div> in the header template and the end </div> in the footer template.

Which borders are you talking about? Do you want to add different borders
(2008-06-14, 03:55 PM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]Each page has it's own master template. If you want to add a new div that contains the whole page you need to place the beginning <div> in the header template and the end </div> in the footer template.

Which borders are you talking about? Do you want to add different borders
I'm talking about borders going around the entire page like seen at this community.
OK.. so you want to add shadows?

That's simple enough. There are three methods.

1. If you're site is fixed width, all you have to do is create a background image and center it.

----{cccccccccccccccccccc}----

---- Represents the honeycomb patter "behind" the shadow.
{ and } Represent the actual shadow
cccc Represents whitespace for content

2. You can add two new divs before any others in the header template and float:right and float: left them to either side of the forum.
You'll need to add some fancy CSS to have them to fill the whole page though.

3. Put the whole forum in a table with three colums and one row.
In the first and third column, add your left and write shadow image and copy/past all the MyBB code into the second. You'll have to work with both the header and footer templates for this one, and this practice is generally frowned up by web designers these days.
Pages: 1 2