MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question on 1.4 themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wont people who make themes for 1.4 have to work on them longer since they have to make it for the horizontal AND vertical postbits?
It's not that much extra work, it's just like making a theme for vBulletin. Big Grin
On vbulletin admincp you can choose whether you want it horizontal or vertical?
Yes, on my site I used to allow the users to choose which they wanted. They had 2 templates: legacy_postbit and postbit. I prefer legacy but with vB 3.7 I stuck with postbit for appearance reasons.
Legacy is horizontal?
No, postbit is horizontal. Legacy is Vertical.
Oh i see
But back to the original question... I haven't seen MyBB 1.4's templates yet, but if it's anything like vB's it would take maybe an extra 45 seconds to 1 minute to reflect the changes from one postbit template to the other... any theme designer not willing to put another 1 minute worth of work into their theme isn't somebody who I'd want to hire/use their theme. Wink
1.4 has a postbit template and a postbit_classic template. The postbit template includes the new (horizontal) postbit, and the classic one includes the old (vertical/legacy/classic) postbit.
Errr, yeah what Justin said. My earlier posts were in reference to vBulletin's template names... sorry. :X
Pages: 1 2