MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password protected forum is has some kind of link issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I did a search on password protected forums and found nothing relating to my distinct problem.
Our forum is located at hpdforum.caris.com. Here you will see a subforum named "Test" which is password protected. When you click on the link it takes you to the page where you are required to enter the password. The problem I'm having, when you look at the source code for the form that will submit the password it reads as:

<form action="/hpdforum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10" method="post"> when it should read as:

<form action="/forumdisplay.php?fid=10" method="post">.

Now I realize that this may be because of the folder structure of our site. In short it sorta looks like this.

<root>
<hpdforum>
*rest of the mybb directory*
The hpdforum folder is registered as hpdforum.caris.com.

Any ideas on a quick fix would be appreciated?
Is your Board URL setting correct?
(2008-06-17, 05:11 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Is your Board URL setting correct?

The URL setting in the General Configuration is set to http://hpdforum.caris.com which is associated with the <hpdforum> folder on our server.
Are you rewriting the subdomain with mod_rewrite/.htaccess by any chance?

Also, please activate my account.
I can't see anything but Board Statistics
(2008-06-18, 03:47 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Are you rewriting the subdomain with mod_rewrite/.htaccess by any chance?

"mod_rewrite/.htaccess", what the ???? I have no idea what that is. But your account is activated.
(2008-06-18, 09:22 AM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see anything but Board Statistics

That's because everything is locked down, you must be logged in to view pretty much anything.
(2008-06-18, 10:50 AM)blackdragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-18, 03:47 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Are you rewriting the subdomain with mod_rewrite/.htaccess by any chance?

"mod_rewrite/.htaccess", what the ???? I have no idea what that is. But your account is activated.

Ok can you explain this a bit further then:
(2008-06-17, 11:10 AM)blackdragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-17, 05:11 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Is your Board URL setting correct?

The URL setting in the General Configuration is set to http://hpdforum.caris.com which is associated with the <hpdforum> folder on our server.