MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Inline-Edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember DenisTT posted some for me but i wanted where u have to press a button or a link(like when u choose quick or standard edit in mybb) not the text itself to open the field
So is there one that is almost the same as in mybb?

P.S
I really need where u have to press a button edit or other and the textarea appears and it has save and cancel as well
I am not sure what you are talking about.

The inline edit works just fine, click the 'Edit' button at the bottom of your posts and you will get a small dropdown saying 'Quick Edit' or 'Full Edit'
The Cancel and Save buttons appear when you use quick edit.
Sorry i meant i was searching for myself in google for such scripts but there werent any that were what i wanted. And i wanted it to be as the one that is here
So i was wandering if u can give me a link to one of those?
You can find a JavaScript example here: http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/cms.html
Not what i want
I need to press a button not the text itself to edit it
Furthermore it must have a save and cancel button when the textarea appears
But i cant find any Sad
You'll have to write some AJAX function of course and a PHP page which handles data sent by script.
I know ajax as to what it does but to write something i dont think i can Sad
I do not know what functions it has

P.S
Now i remember that the save and cancel are from the php
But the button edit must come from the script
That script is just an example of how you could achieve this effect, with a bit of mods will do what you need, you have to catch the right events.

In a rude language all buttons came from JavaScript, PHP has to handle the data sent by JavaScript (which should use a bit of AJAX routines).
Found one and implemented it
Now its time for the php but i have a problem
I write in cyrillic and i get weird symbols like "���������� ����� ����� � �� �� ������� � ���������� ����� "
Can u help me fix that?

EDIT:
It still shows the weird symbols and the other problem is that it doesnt send the text to the file