MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some questions about 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

When you have a category in a category in MyBB 1.4 is the category than blue like now?

And how is the update from 1.2 to 1.4?

can you move whole subforums to a new subforum in the admin CP?

And you can guess when MyBB 1.4 become released? Before thje end of the big holiday (summer holiday) so about 8 weeks?

Almost thanks!

Edit: Ow i see that this topic is in the wrong forum!

Greetings from OmarM
(2008-06-17, 06:36 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]When you have a category in a category in MyBB 1.4 is the category than blue like now?
Sub-categories (as they're called) are no longer blue - they look like any other forum. For instance, the MyBB Merge System and Plugins & Code Modifications forums on this forum are sub-categories. That is the new style in 1.4.

(2008-06-17, 06:36 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]And how is the update from 1.2 to 1.4?
Nothing is lost in the upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4. Themes are upgraded, and templates are reverted (those that were modified on your forum before the upgrade are NOT reverted, and are sent to the Find Updated Templates page for review).

(2008-06-17, 06:36 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]can you move whole subforums to a new subforum in the admin CP?

You can move forums... I'm not sure what you mean by this.

(2008-06-17, 06:36 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]And you can guess when MyBB 1.4 become released? Before thje end of the big holiday (summer holiday) so about 8 weeks?

We do not have a set release date; MyBB 1.4 will be released when it's ready. However, so long as there are no major delays, 1.4 will likely be released no later than July (so hopefully before the end of July).
So any changes you have to a template are not lost? Because I have a custom header, will this be lost when I upgrade to 1.4?
(2008-06-17, 08:22 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ][quote='OmarM' pid='218030' dateline='1213727769']can you move whole subforums to a new subforum in the admin CP?

Quote:You can move forums... I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I mean this: You wanna delete a cateogry or sub-forum. But you dont want that post gonne delete to. And then you can move al the posts and topics to a another category or sub-forum(s). Is this option available or was this available in 1.2?

Quote:We do not have a set release date; MyBB 1.4 will be released when it's ready. However, so long as there are no major delays, 1.4 will likely be released no later than July (so hopefully before the end of July).
Ok, i hope in the holiday xD.

Really thanks for the information!

Greetings from OmarM
(2008-06-17, 09:30 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]I mean this: You wanna delete a cateogry or sub-forum. But you dont want that post gonne delete to. And then you can move al the posts and topics to a another category or sub-forum(s). Is this option available or was this available in 1.2?

There is no way to move all threads/posts in a forum at once - however, you can choose to show as many threads per page as possible (50 per page), and then select all of the threads at once via inline thread moderation (using the checkbox at the top of the thread listing), and move them to the new forum. You'll have to do this for every page of threads.
Justin S., I do not concur; IPB made such a feature.
Why can't you just make an UPDATE for the topic's category/forum ID when a forum is deleted?
i.e.:

UPDATE cat_id FROM posts SET cat_id = <new_id> WHERE cat_id = <old_id>
UPDATE cat_id FROM topics SET cat_id = <new_id> WHERE cat_id = <old_id>
(2008-06-18, 12:17 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]Justin S., I do not concur; IPB made such a feature.
Why can't you just make an UPDATE for the topic's category/forum ID when a forum is deleted?
i.e.:

That IPB does have. A VERY handy tool too that i wish i had about a week ago on my mybb forum when i removed one of my forums. When you delete a whole forum on IPB it gives you the option of moving all the posts/threads at once to another forum and then deletes the forum.
(2008-06-18, 12:17 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]Justin S., I do not concur; IPB made such a feature.
i.e.:

IPB does have that feature, yes - but this is not IPB, this is MyBB. It is indeed a very useful feature, but what I said in my previous post is the best you can do (from the front end) in MyBB at this point in time.

You may be able to run a query to update the posts and threads, but I wouldn't know. Smile
Well of course, I was just trying to point out it wasn't impossible. Would be nice if MyBB actually did have it, though.
(2008-06-18, 02:18 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]
i.e.:

IPB does have that feature, yes - but this is not IPB, this is MyBB. It is indeed a very useful feature, but what I said in my previous post is the best you can do (from the front end) in MyBB at this point in time.

You may be able to run a query to update the posts and threads, but I wouldn't know. Smile

Understood. Wasnt sure myself if you were saying that it is not possible. All good. Big Grin

(2008-06-18, 02:23 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]Well of course, I was just trying to point out it wasn't impossible. Would be nice if MyBB actually did have it, though.

Might be better to add this in the request forum and or the ideas site (link at top of board ) as 1.4 has been feature locked for a good while now. But yeah it would be nice to have. Smile
Pages: 1 2