MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloads Section 2.0.1 - 2 Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a few problems with this download section which is a really handy mod. Link to it here

My first problem, which may help now if i link you to my forum which can be found here At the top where the link has been placed, you can see that it says, 'Downloads Downloads'. Plus the little picture is not showing up either, i have checked the english lang file and it said just 1, 'Downloads' and when i changed it to Downloads Section, it changed both so there was 2! (I have changed this back now, this is the only thing i have done)

My second problem is that which i have added downlaods to my category, the image, or file just opens up in a new window/tab, not giving a download link?

If your able to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you need me to tell you anything else that may help you if your able to suggest, or know a fix, please tell me,

Thanks, Rob
Sound like image upload problems. Check the source code to see where it's looking for the images and make sure you upload them properly.
(2008-06-17, 10:18 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Sound like image upload problems. Check the source code to see where it's looking for the images and make sure you upload them properly.

I have checked, i have done everything to the install guidelines Sad I have been through the source code, but im not really sure what im looking for, but i had not changed anything in the files or code..
For the first issue, you're seeing the Downloads link twice because the downloads image can't be found and so the alternate text is being displayed instead. To fix this, make sure the included downloads.png image has been uploaded to the toplinks directory for each theme on your board.

For the second issue, you can try replacing the downloads.php file in the root directory of your board with the one attached to this post. It's essentially the same, except it handles the actual downloading slightly differently. It's the same as how the next version should behave when it's released for MyBB 1.4. Please let me know if you encounter any issues.
Thats amazing, both problems are fixed, i was suprised i managed to do all that without messing it up, im so tired xD

Thanks so much Musicalmidget and labrocca, support was amazing ;D

Rob. *off to bed* ;D