MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin option question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

These settings are in the General settings.
What are these for?

Quote:Send Standard Headers
With some web servers, this option can cause problems; with others, it is needed.

Quote:Send No Cache Headers
With this option you can prevent caching of the page by the browser.

Thanks
If I recall correctly the page headers tell the server / browser what type of file it is working with. If your site is working fine, don't mess with the first option. Are you getting a specific error?

The second option, no cache headers, should keep your visitor's internet browsers from saving a copy of the forums or images from the forums to their computers automatically in their browser's cache. There really is no reason to change this setting from the default unless you have members complaining that they are not seeing new posts or topics or anything weird like that. The cache may also help your site load faster for people, as the images for the themes will be saved on the user's computer and this will help save you bandwidth on your site. Wink

BMR777
Hi,

The first one is to do with what headers MyBB sends, as it says some servers need it and some don't, if you aren't having problems don't change this setting.

The second will prevent your browser from caching the page, so you always have to re-download stuff such as images from the server (instead of getting them from your browsers cache).
(2008-06-18, 03:49 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you getting a specific error?

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.
No error, I just translating the forum and I wasn't sure what these options are for.
one more:

Quote:Output template start/end comments?
This will enable or disable the output of template start/end comments in the HTML.
That setting displays where a template begins and ends within the source code of your page. It's mainly for themers who need to see which template needs to be edited.
(2008-06-18, 04:06 PM)boon Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Output template start/end comments?
This will enable or disable the output of template start/end comments in the HTML.

It looks like this when you view the source of a page:

<!-- start: header -->

<!-- end: header -->

It's safe to disable this, it won't cause anything (usually) to break. It's just there as a convenience for people who edit templates. Disabling it will save a bit of bandwidth.
Wink Sorry for the lots of questions. One more that is not clear.

Quote:Usenet Style Thread View
Selecting yes will cause posts to look similar to how posts look in USENET. No will cause posts to look the modern way.

What's this usenet style? I can't see any difference.
it'll make the threads view like this
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...7&pid=#pid
You mean the "Messages In This Thread" box at the bottom of the page?