MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You're very brave to upgrade directly with no backup. Personally I'd recommend against that, if you value your forum in any way shape or form.
Yeah, after some thought, I am a coward and will backup. Toungue
I'm not saying that the upgrader will break your forum, but at least for me, I like the feeling when I know I have something to go back on if worst case occurs. Much better than the feeling when I realize I've totally screwed up.
I have to make sure that my main mods work. I hope to get Mybb Central onto 1.4 Beta asap. I actually don't have too many plugins running on that site that are critical.
I am lucky enough to not run any forums that I need data to stay on - so I will use the upgrade script and in a few weeks probably will end up wiping the database again. Smile
(2008-06-19, 05:22 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You're very brave to upgrade directly with no backup. Personally I'd recommend against that, if you value your forum in any way shape or form.
Yeah, I never cared what happens to MyBB-Hacks. For my actual site, I'll have to first write up some compatible plugins for 1.4, then port my millions of modifications across >_>
Main reason why I'm still on MyBB 1.2.6... Oops, probably shouldn't have said that >_<
(2008-06-19, 09:49 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-19, 05:22 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You're very brave to upgrade directly with no backup. Personally I'd recommend against that, if you value your forum in any way shape or form.
I'll have to first write up some compatible plugins for 1.4, then port my millions of modifications across >_>
Dont break the keyboard Smile
(2008-06-19, 08:35 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]I am lucky enough to not run any forums that I need data to stay on - so I will use the upgrade script and in a few weeks probably will end up wiping the database again. Smile

In a few weeks? Was that a slip? Toungue

Either you know when it is coming out, or you get the beta, or maybe just it should be out by then.
(2008-06-19, 02:10 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]That is, of course, if I ever get my domain issues worked out.

I can believe you're so patient as to wait, like another month or so. >.>

I've never backed up any of my forums, but I will once I open up my latest site. The other one doesn't have enough of anything... Except the skin, but don't need a MySQL dump for that. Toungue
(2008-06-19, 09:49 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I never cared what happens to MyBB-Hacks. For my actual site, I'll have to first write up some compatible plugins for 1.4, then port my millions of modifications across >_>
Main reason why I'm still on MyBB 1.2.6... Oops, probably shouldn't have said that >_<

Ouch...I fell into that trap with phpbb because it didn't have a plugin system. While I know I can do more with mybb by editing core files...it's too easy to be trapped into not upgrading. Even the best coders become lazy. Nothing imho is worse than having to redo core file changes on every update.
Pages: 1 2