MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I understand but since you empty them after 24 hours the post then becomes unread again, which makes the system pretty useless from what you say?
(2008-06-23, 07:24 PM)liamdawe Wrote: [ -> ]I understand but since you empty them after 24 hours the post then becomes unread again, which makes the system pretty useless from what you say?

No it does not become unread again.

Quite honestly, as I said you obviously don't understand how this works, I have a bad flu and you can take a look yourself when 1.4 comes out.
Well i was hoping someone could just give a brief rundown of how it works. Since 1.4 is not out yet and looking through the code and determining how it works will take a long time.
(2008-06-23, 07:33 PM)liamdawe Wrote: [ -> ]Well i was hoping someone could just give a brief rundown of how it works. Since 1.4 is not out yet and looking through the code and determining how it works will take a long time.

And you have been given a brief rundown of how it works, but if you don't understand we cannot continually spoon feed you. We do this work for free, I think you can spend a little time reading the code if you don't understand. I'll even give you a hint of where to look when 1.4 comes out: inc/functions_indicators.php and inc/tasks/dailycleanup.php
Thanks that will help a lot knowing what files to look for Smile
(2008-06-23, 07:24 PM)liamdawe Wrote: [ -> ]I understand but since you empty them after 24 hours the post then becomes unread again, which makes the system pretty useless from what you say?
I haven't actually looked at the code either, but you seem to be forgetting that we also know the user's last access time...
Well if you empty there reads after 24 hours then base it on users last access time to me that seems like most posts will be made as read, even if the user never read them.

I guess i will have to look at the files.
Pages: 1 2