MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: let's try this again.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this product today so I am sorry if this is the wrong area for these questions.

I am looking for a forum to run a professional community. My needs center around user permissions and would like to know how flexible myBB is with that. My plan is to have multiple membership levels based on their paid membership.
Their membership level would determine which areas of the forum they will have access to. is this possible with this forum software?

Also, are there any cash/points system mods available where we can reward members for things such as referring new members, post counts, replies, posting new content, etc? I have been leaning towards vBulletin but came here when I saw some great mentions of myBB.

Thanks.
Hello and Welcome,

MyBB has some very flexible user permissions. You can easily specify in the MyBB Admin CP which membergroups are allowed to view / post in which parts of the forums. You can also assign special privileges to certain membergroups, such as the ability to have custom usertitles, change their username, etc. Also, Labrocca has a mod for MyBB where you can automate paid memberships with PayPal and automatically upgrade user accounts. It's available on his site, but a $5 / Year membership may be required to download the mod.

Also, for a cash / points system you may want to check out MyPlaza, which I think may be just what you need. There's also Labrocca's MYPS points mod.

Hope it helps,
BMR777
Very Very cool.... I am definitely going to look into this a bit more. This may be just the right program for my needs since this board has a 'clean' look to it and my users are not as net savvy as most. Thank you very much!
I just read this over at mybbcentral.com:
"Unfortunately mybb doesn't distinguish permissions from different usergroups"

Is this true? I really need this.
(2008-06-19, 04:50 PM)bored Wrote: [ -> ]I just read this over at mybbcentral.com:
"Unfortunately mybb doesn't distinguish permissions from different usergroups"

Is this true? I really need this.

What does that sentence actually mean? Yes permissions from primary and secondary groups are all considered in a user's permission set.