MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Administrator Account was Deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so is there anyway of either getting it back or how can i give my account permission to do admin things. the account is part of the administrators group but it says i dont have permission when i try to do things like backups.
u go to config.php and add ur new id in there
(2008-06-19, 09:34 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]u go to config.php and add ur new id in there

sorry to play dumb but where is config.php located?

im new to all this
You'll need to use FTP to log on to your site and then go to where you installed MyBB. Find the inc folder and then download config.php from inside.

Once you download the file, open in notepad and then find:

/**
 * Super Administrators
 *  A comma separated list of user IDs who cannot
 *  be edited, deleted or banned in the Admin CP.
 *  The administrator permissions for these users
 *  cannot be altered either.
 */

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Add your current account's user ID (which can be found by mousing over the PM button in a post for your own username, like you were going to send yourself a PM - notice the URL at the bottom of the browser, especially the uid= part) to the line, like:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,330';

Then save the file and re-upload it with FTP back to your site. Then you should have full admin abilities. Smile

BMR777
I think you will have to edit the user permission via your PhpMyAdmin too!
You'll also need to do this:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-196...#pid133808

Make sure you change the example UID (164) to your own UID.
ok well i just gave myself permission in phpmyadmin and now i can access everything i needed to access. so i guess that will take care of me then. thanks again everyone for all the help.