MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum width and search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

1) I am having my entire website and forum with is re-designed and integrated into one massive community...now the website will be designed for 800x600 (industry standard it seems) but the forum is variable width it seems...
Where would I go if I decide at some point to force the forum as well to 800x600?

2) Tried to search for 'forum width' on this board here and got the following error-message:

Quote:Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /hsphere/local/home/xjournal/mybboard.com/community/inc/db_mysql.php on line 43

Cheers,
kimmo
To change the width, go to Admin CP > Themes > Modify/Delete > *theme set edit* > Main Table Width. Change to "780px" (without quotes). Setting to exactly 800 might cause some problems.

As for the second bit, thats normal. I think it means too many threads to list or something.
k776 Wrote:To change the width, go to Admin CP > Themes > Modify/Delete > *theme set edit* > Main Table Width. Change to "780px" (without quotes). Setting to exactly 800 might cause some problems.

As for the second bit, thats normal. I think it means too many threads to list or something.

okay...I've used 796 before to make sure...

as for the second thing....might want to redirect to a proper errorpage when this happens if it is not a bug...I mean if I had a choice, the forumuser would never see a mySQL or PHP-error at all...they just confuse them (and me more often than enough) and therefore should never be confronted by them...

cheers,
kimmo
Well, I believe its a mySQL error saying it took too long searching for your search fraise (because there were too many posts). So I dont think there is a way to show an official error page for it. It only happens once in a while though when your server is too busy.