MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to delete posts in unavailable forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I added a plugin that autoposted welcome messages to new users. Apparently I selected a forum ID that did not exist - now I have posts that are appearing in limbo. Since I cannot select a forum, I cannot delete the posts. They are clearly visible on http://www.grindcore.com/portal.php -- does anyone know how to remove these?

Thank you!
Do you want to delete them or move the threads to an actual legit forum?

You're most likely going to need to run a query in phpmyadmin.

Try and create a new forum (call it test).

Now check in phpmyadmin the table mybb_threads and look for the fid of a thread that's broken. Find the FID (i.e. 13)

Now get the FID of your new "test" forum.

http://www.domain.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16 (16 would be your FID)

Then in phpmyadmin you want to run something like this:

update mybb_threads set fid=16 where fid=13;

You might have to rebuild threads after this...and this assumes that there are no posts in these threads otherwise you need to run another query that's similar on the mybb_posts table.
OMg, i did that and successfully removed the posts and i was trying to delete the unwanted forum and accidentally deleted my entire General forum. ohhhh noo! any idea how to get it back, if at all possible???
If you don't have any mysql backup it isn't possible to get the posts back.
i stupidly created another "general forum and deleted general forum[2]" thinking that was the new test forum, duh
OMG....not too good to do. Why didnt you do "test" like I said?

Well..PM me phpmyadmin access and your forum URL..I will see if I can fix it.

Did you delete the forum in phpmyadmin or in admincp? If you did it in phpmyadmin it can probably be saved. If you did it in admincp then it also deleted all the posts.
I did it in the admincp... it's done for. Guess I will be starting from scratch. Thanks labrocca for your help.