MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Firefox and 10 million open to exploit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2008-06-24, 12:55 AM)Soshite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-23, 06:17 PM)Cool_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]...it's also rather weird for caching sites, sometimes I have to press F5 to get the latest posts, as it's reading a old cache.

Check Tools -> Prefs. -> History. Make it so it checks for document updates automatially.

That is what most turns me off about Opera. That should be the default setting versus every 30 minutes or whatever it is.
(2008-06-24, 04:00 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-23, 06:17 PM)Cool_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]...it's also rather weird for caching sites, sometimes I have to press F5 to get the latest posts, as it's reading a old cache.

Check Tools -> Prefs. -> History. Make it so it checks for document updates automatially.

That is what most turns me off about Opera. That should be the default setting versus every 30 minutes or whatever it is.
Which browser do you use?
Well, as everyone has been saying, anything with "code" has deficiencies, so I'll continue using Firefox as usual.
(2008-06-24, 04:02 AM)Your End Is My Begining Wrote: [ -> ]

Which browser do you use?

I don't use a browser - I read the packets intercepted from my wifi and my uber large brain pieces them together.

It takes maybe like...5 seconds to change it. If there was a "bad" setting with Firefox, I'd doubt I'd see people talking about it. They'd just change it and move on.

I could say the same about how Firefox is now setting itself as the default browser without user consent (presetting it ala Apple's Safari w/ Itunes debacle), since you have to notice it already checked it during install.

Open Office doesn't autocheck itself when it installs (IIRC, it has a screen that says you shouldn't do it unless you are familar with the program and want to use it in place of MS Office).
(2008-06-24, 11:44 AM)Soshite Wrote: [ -> ]

It takes maybe like...5 seconds to change it. If there was a "bad" setting with Firefox, I'd doubt I'd see people talking about it. They'd just change it and move on.

The time it takes is not the problem though. People whom aren't computer literate will be instantly turned off by Opera when they find they can't refresh the page and see updates to whatever they're doing for 30 minutes or whatever it is. This is why I.E. and Firefox are miles ahead of Opera in terms of percentage of use. Because you simply just install and go. No hassling with settings.
(2008-06-24, 05:29 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use a browser - I read the packets intercepted from my wifi and my uber large brain pieces them together.

Where can I get me one of those big brains? Smile
I can't be bother to figure out how to make an Alexa plugin for Opera, so that's why Toungue

Oh nevermind, looks like someone already did it for me: http://widgets.opera.com/widget/7075/
(2008-06-24, 05:29 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use a browser - I read the packets intercepted from my wifi and my uber large brain pieces them together.

Lol Big Grin
Currently, Firefox has some html attributes that HTML doesn't.

One example is the <blink> css command; so far <blink> only works on other Browsers like Mozilla, Netscape, etc, but not IE.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7